Monday, November 26, 2007

Thankful for LOVE

I vowed to myself that this Thanksgiving I would enjoy myself....be at peace ....and not stress myself out with making the perfect Thanksgiving. I accomplished my plan and can look back and see how blessed I am. I made the feast but without all the trimmings..........still yummy for my tummy. We had "TOM" the turkey, the family traditional stuffing (long time family secret worth keeping) and the most melt in your mouth mashed potatoes. I kept it simple. With my life spinning out of control.......I just wanted a no brainier ....food....good food...........and plenty of it. I was happy to spend time with my family by their quick drop In's to say Hi....and see if I was okay. I think most people expected a depressed lonely women.....but they were not going to get it from me. I was enjoying myself. This was my Thanksgiving....and I wasn't going to cry ....WHY?......because I didn't want to ..........and really didn't need to. I feel like my life is on the track forward.........some times my steam gets let out....but I still push ahead. I was able to be thankful for my wonderful family......who do the little things that remind me daily how loved I am. Like my brother mowing my lawn....or watching my boys so I could be one of the nuts shopping on Friday. How about my mom.....who made sure I wasn't going to be alone or who always listens and doesn't judge...and knows how much my heart was broken. Or my Dad....who lives far away but visits and make sure that he has all bases covered if I need anything from firewood to car repairs or even carpets cleaned. Don't think they pay for all this....I pay my way....but they make sure they can help me with connecting me to the right people. I am blessed with them at my side....loving me for who I am and not who I am not. Then you have my friends........so many wonderful people that are rich in love but poor in money. Yet they have the best gift of all.........LOVE. I have been blessed with sharing time, laughter, good stories, and memories with so many people. I felt so surrounded by my friends love this Thanksgiving......Near and Far. I am so lucky to have quality loving friends......I am able to laugh with them....cry with them......offer advice.....listen to advice.....and know......no matter how much time or distance......or how long it has been since we have seen each other....our friendship is always there..........the reason, the season the lifetime.

I have been given LOVE..........the greatest gift GOD can give me...........and I am living it........I may not have a love of my life....but I have love.

No comments: