Saturday, December 1, 2007

Cozy Creating bookmarkers

I think winter has struck......because I can feel it deep in my bones. If you have never felt the cold, deep in your bones, believe me when I say.....when you do, you will know it. Winter always brings a mix of emotions. The anticipation of warm crackling fires while sitting all cozy with a loved one snuggled under a big cozy blankee. The flannel PJ's and warm toasty socks, with a hot cup of joe. Oh now that is the life. Then at the same time you really dread the wet cold days that you never seem to warm up. The soggy clothes that you have to peel off. The wasted time to do your hair and makeup just to get ruined as soon as you head out the door. And the insane drivers on the road. For me the start of winter is the best. You get a day or so of rain (CA living) and then nice sunny day to make you appreciate the break of wet weather.

While I am enjoying my crackling fire all cozy warm in my flannel PJ's, I like to get creative and crank out some creative outlet.....or attempted again to get organized. I got in spurts on organization. So what is buzzing in my mind is Christmas keepsake project that my kids can make. I am thinking homemade magnetic bookmarks. Simple, easy and very personalized to the recipient. All I need is some cute background paper, some glue, a magnetic, a metal washer, and a few small pictures of the kids.......and to seal the deal......clear contact paper.

First step.......get your cute background paper and you want to cut a 1" strip the whole entire length of the paper. This will be the actual book maker and what you will embellish to personalize.

Second fold your strip in half. If paper pattern is one sided make sure the blank side is face to face. Then go wild. You can use stickers, glitter, draw or even cross stitch. What ever suits your fancy. Me I am going with the little cameo pictures of my kids. Oops almost forgot....you want to go wild on the pattern side which will be the side you will be the book mark side.

Once you have beat your chest of personalizing your marker you want to glue on the blank bottom side .....yes you guessed it......a metal washer on one side and a magnetic on the other side. After the glue is dried.........straighten your book mark strip straight out and cover the entire (front and back) with the clear contact paper. Trim off the excess contact paper. Fold your book marker in half on your original crease and Whoop there it is...your very own personalized book mark. I love these things. Great for cookbook markers, and magazines and your all time loved bed time story savers. Easy, priceless and simple......and the cost is so low to make so many as gifts. So get warm and toasty and creative.

No comments: