Sunday, December 2, 2007

Faith......in my daily life and for my life

We all have heard old wise tales or bible scriptures and know what they mean....but when the real light comes on WOW....how it really hits home. So let me back track here for a moment. The beginning of my weekend started off on a sour note. Kids climbing walls and screaming in awful high pitch tones.....car breaks down on the side of the Highway.....then school function with LOUD out of control kids being kids. Then dealing with the ex....not a good way to start the weekend. Plus trying to tie up lose ends....meaning giving my notice after taking a leave of absence from work after 18 years, good pay and great benefits.....to take the final leap of my home business that is almost completely financially supporting itself and my family. It's scary and I wonder at times is this where God wants me to be. Then you have my marriage...or soon to be prior marriage. Big ugly custody battle that has really taken its toll on me....and still not sure how the results will be in the end. It's even harder when your ex is bipolar and believes that you are trying to take the kids away. I realize that when he is unstable I have to protect our kids from a man who doesn't realize that he is unstable. So I try very hard to have faith that God will tend to all my ordeals....my trials my tribulations. However out of common human nature I question it. God are you really there? I believe God will get me through it...but will he really? I have faith that God will make sure that we both get to be active parents involved in our children's lives...sometimes with conditions other times without. I have faith that some how I will get a reliable automobile even though I don't have the financial means to do so. I have faith that God will enable me to provide for my family financially. Okay here is the light come on wow thing........I have heard over and over again...the bible verse........"thou I walk through the valley of death.....I will fear evil"...........and I don't know if our Pastor put it in a new way from me to understand or if God bonked me on the head and woke me up to the words.......Here on earth is evil (our valley of death)...but if we trust in God and have faith that he has died for our sins....then we don't fear dying....because we know we will be going to heaven. So if we are trusting God with our life in heaven....then why can't we trust him with the simple things? The broken car....the home business......the ex.....and the ex's illness......If I can trust God with my life.....then I should not question my faith in his hand in my daily life. The light might be on for some.....but I can totally understand if isn't....look how long it took me to antiquate it to having faith in God..For me it reassures me in my religious belief that God has my life in his hands and I just need to trust that I just need to call on him....and not try to do it or understand it all on my own.

No comments: